- This event has passed.
ERCI Online Workshop: IoT Wireless Monitoring in the Rail Industry
8. October 2020 @ 17:00 - 18:00
Discover new approaches in rail monitoring. Learn how to perform wireless, remote monitoring and preventive maintenance safely and cost-effectively to extend the life cycle of the infra/supra infrastructure and avoid unexpected service interruptions.
- The common challenges in rail infrastructure monitoring
- An overview of how you may deploy an IoT-based wireless monitoring system to monitor:
• lateral displacement due to slope or subsoil instability
• rock fall
• track conditions such as can’t, twist and height variation
• pore water pressure and water level variations associated with vertical displacement and bearing capacity of the soil
• vertical displacement linked to soil settlement
• soil cracks that can lead to soil failure
- Sample use cases and actual experiences from rail project deployments
- Other useful information in a live Q&A session
- Dr. Ignasi Gómez-Belinchón, (PhD) (M) | CEO, Railgrug
- Marco Bocci, PMP | Instrumentation and monitoring coordinator, Eiffage Kier Ferrovial BAM
- Juan Peset Iribarren | Head of R&D, COMSA Corporación
- Marco Di Mauro | UK Area manager and Rail industry expert, Worldsensing
- Angela Lluch | Geologist and Civil engineer, Worldsensing
- Ignasi Garcia-Mila | Rail Project manager, Worldsensing
This online workshop will be held in English.