ERCI – European Railway Clusters Initiative
A decisive milestone was reached when the European Railway Clusters Initiative ERCI was founded and the agreement of cooperation was officially signed during the INNOTRANS 2010 in Berlin. Meanwhile ERCI is the leading meta-cluster of the railway industry in Europe uniting 12 innovation clusters from 10 European countries. Together, we connect the ideas and interests of over 1,000 small and medium-sized businesses in the industry. ERCI is their voice and lobby at European level. We help our member companies to grow – through improved access to European partners and customers, accelerated technology transfer and joint marketing in- and outside of the EU.
Over the past years, ERCI has established governance structures and has established itself as the European railway cluster network. ERCI has been accredited under the project name PERES 4i-partnership, under the roof of the EU cluster collaboration platform. Among other activities, the member companies and institutions of ERCI partner clusters benefit from:
- Accelerated access to other European companies and institutions
- Active support in the participation at EU research and development programs, e.g. Shift2Rail
- Access to ERCI events all over Europe
- Marketing and business development activities within the EU and beyond
- European lobby for SME interests