About the ERCI Innovation Award
Every year, the ERCI meta cluster awards the most innovative companies in the rail sector across Europe.
Innovation Awards are organized and attributed by the clusters, members of ERCI, to European companies that provide products, systems, technologies, processes or services, with proven innovative features. The contest is first organized at a national or regional level (according to ERCI clusters’ geographical scope of action) to select companies. Then, the contest is organized at a European level. Winners are selected by a European jury of independent experts representing industry, research and public authorities.
Selection of winners is based on the following criteria:
- Innovation features of the solution
- Economic and social benefits for the railway sector
- Integration of new digital technologies
- Impact on “human capital”
- Creation of the innovation by networking (cooperation with other private or public entities)